Whether you want to be Christian Grey, Anastasia Steele, or just dress up with fifty-ish flare, we have some ideas that will make you bite your lip like you just walked into the Red Room for the very first time.
Christian Grey for a guy has many options…
- Shirtless with older warn, button fly jeans. Top button left undone and slung low on the hips.
- Cigarette burns on chest.
- A grey tie. For an additional touch you could use a sharpie or printable transfer paper to add “I aim to please Ms. Steele” on the tie.
- A pair of handcuffs attached to a belt loop.
- An NDA printed out and in your pocket might come in handy at a party.
- Toga yourself with a red satin sheet, just like you just rolled off the playroom bed.
- Accessorize yourself with either a grey tie, rope, or handcuff on one hand.
- Brown long wig.
- Grey suit and tie. White dress shirt.
- Handcuffs as an accessory.
- If you can find a helicopter balloon, silver. Write Grey Enterprises on one side and “Anastasia, you’re safe with me. Well, while we’re flying,” on the other.
To not be so literal in your costume and just to get dressed up for fun here is a great piece to wear with a lil’ black dress:
Here is instructions from CriminalCrafts.com:
I’ve made a few of these literary inspired accessories now so putting together the “50 Shades of Grey Facinator” was so easy, I could have done it with one hand tied behind my my back. (While rolling my eyes and chewing on my bottom lip). Seriously, handcuffs on your head is hot, and not hard to do. I opted to use the toy version of the shackles both for safety’s sake and they are a hell of a lot lighter and easier to attach with a glue gun. I actually got all the supplies to make the facinators from the Dollar Store, with the exception of the paint chips which I stealthily pocketed while at the paint shop. I think they actually give them away, but I like to feel sneaky even when I’m not doing anything wrong (except for not wearing underwear).
Plastic netting or fancy tuile
50 paint chips
So to make: Cut a produce bag into a 8x 12″ strip, scrunch one end of your “veil” together and attach to a plastic headband with hot glue. Do this over a newspaper because it’s going to make a drippy mess and since your veil is made of plastic, it’s going to melt a little bit. One trick is to put a bead of glue onto the headband and let it cool for about 20 seconds before pressing the netting down into it, and of course be careful, as it’s going to be hot.
Fan your chips and glue one on top of the other, glue pain chip rosette onto headband and cuffs on top of that
Open a bottle of expensive Chablis and pick up the phone, maybe Christian is free for a booty call